What is the multiply programme?
Good numeracy skills can unlock job opportunities and lead to higher wages or help you to prepare for further study. They can also help in everyday life, such as when you are asked to help children with homework or need to budget your household finances.
CALAT will be offering a wide range of maths based courses, developed around real world situations, to defeat your maths demons and give your confidence around numbers a boost.
The London Multiply programme, launched at the end of 2022, aims to support thousands of Londoners aged 19+ with no or low numeracy qualifications to access essential numeracy skills training for free.
The London Multiply programme will work with employers, community organisations, and local partners to support Londoners build the numeracy skills needed for work and everyday life.
If you’re aged 19 and over and don’t have maths GCSE Grade 4/ Grade C or equivalent, you can access free numeracy courses through Multiply to build your confidence with numbers and gain a qualification.
Multiply courses on offer from CALAT:
(We will be adding courses to this list as they programmed)
- EXCEL ESSENTIALS: Short Excel course including introduction and use of mathematical functions (e.g. sum, sorting values, time/date formats, graphs) as well as other useful tips and shortcuts.
Multiply courses can help you to:
- Improve your confidence
- Manage your money
- Strengthen skills in the workplace
- Upskill to access better job opportunities
- Gain a maths qualification if you don’t have one
- Support your children while improving your own skills
- Access maths if you’ve found it hard to access before
- For more information on Multiply, please see the GOV website here.
To be eligible you must:
- Have the right to live and work in UK
- Be aged 19+
- Live in London
- Not have maths GCSE at grade C (or equivalent)
- Have evidence of 3 years of residency in the UK
Dates and locations:
There are multiple options on offer:
- Start dates throughout 2023
- Different venues across the borough, as well as online
- Course duration from 2 hour taster sessions to full term courses
- At times to suit you – daytime, evening and weekends
How do I get on a Multiply maths course?
You can use the form below to either enrol on a course, or be contacted by us about our Multiply courses.