Supporting learners with disabilities and learning difficulties.
We are an equal opportunities training provider, which means that we are committed to a policy of equality of opportunity aiming to offer a high quality service no matter what your personal circumstances.
The Learning Support Service is here if you have a specific learning disability or difficulty or you require specialist assistance.
Our aim is to enable learners with physical or sensory disabilities, learning difficulties, health problems or mental health difficulties to join any CALAT course and to use the Learning Support service to get the most out of your time at CALAT.
The learner support team can:
- Discuss with you and assess the support you may need
- Arrange support where possible within the classroom either by the loan of equipment, technology or by one of our experienced support staff working with you in the classroom.
- Support and advise you and your tutor during your course
- Arrange for materials to be adapted
- BSL interpreters/note taking.
To understand what you really need to make the most of your learning we would ask you to fill in the Learning Support Form available here.
Can you spare two hours a week?
We need volunteers to work alongside learners with disabilities and learning difficulties who need extra support in the classroom. Can you commit to work for a 10-week term? Please contact our volunteer organiser on 020 8604 7061.